Ivy Gourd – A good source of fiber and protien. It also reduces blood sugar.
- Kovakkai/Ivy Gourd – 1/2 kg
- Onion (Medium size) – 1 no
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Hing – 2 pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Mustred seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – for fry
- Wash and cut the Kovakkai/Ivy Gourd into round shape.
- Take a kadai and add oil. When its hot, add mustred seeds and let it splutter. Then add the curry leaves and hing and mix it. Add the chopped onion and mix it. Let it cook for few minutes.
- Add the chopped Kovakkai/Ivy Gourd and mix it well. Cover the kadai with the lid. Stir it for every few minutes.
- When the Kovakkai/Ivy Gourd mix is 3/4 cooked, in this stage add red chilli powder,coriander powder and salt mix it well. Fry until it turns brown.Make sure not to make it mushy.
- If the onion turns dark as seen in the picture, it will still be nice to eat. If you do not want it to be dark, fry the onion seperately and add it in the later stage.
- Serve it hot with rice or side dish.