Traditional South Indian Baby food that is very healthy and tasty for the infant kids.
- Boiled Rice – 4 cups
- Ajwain seeds – 1 tbsp
- Dry ginger powder – 2 tsp
- Thoroughly wash the rice and filter the excess water and keep it aside for an hour.
- Heat the kadai, dry roast the rice until it gets slightly puffed and golden color. Keep it in the low flame. [Important: - Roast the rice in multiple smaller amounts and make sure not to burn the rice].
- Keep it in a dry plate and let it cool.
- Thoroughly wash the Ajwain seeds (make sure mud particle are cleaned and removed). Filter the excess water and dry roast until nice aroma comes. Keep it aside and let it cool.
- Grind the roasted rice, ajwain and dry ginger powder. Make them into fine powder form using a mixie.
- Sieve the ground powder. Grind the coarse particle left on the sieve and sieve it once. Repeat the process until all the powder is completely fine.
- Store the powder in a dry box.
- You can add 1 spoon of Roasted Channa Dal (Pottu Kadalai) and 1 Spoon of Wheat Rava and roast it along with the Rice before grounding. Do it only when the baby is more than 8 months old.