A healthy Recipe that is a good source of Vitamin C and Fiber and good for all ages.
- Gooseberry (Fresh or Frozen) – 6 numbers
- Grated Jaggery – ½ cup
- Cardamon powder – 1 pinch
- Ghee (optional) – ¼ tsp
- Add the Gooseberries in the boiling water, until its soft enough that it can split open. Let it cool for some time.
- Remove the seed and grind it in to the paste using Mixie.
- Take a vessel add the Jaggery and little water, leave it for some time, until it melts. Filter the impurities.
- Take a Heavy bottom pan, add the Jaggery water and let it boil for some time. And add the ground Gooseberry paste and cardamom powder. Cook until it becomes thick Alwa consistency. Cook it in the low flame.
- Add the ghee and mix it well.
- Serve it at room temperature.
- You can keep it for couple of days and enjoy the recipe.
- Remember that eating 1 Gooseberry is equivalent to eating 12 Apples .
- Adjust the amount of Jaggery depending on your diet need and/or quality of the Jaggery.