A simple Sweet Recipe that is very easy to make and will be loved by all and good for any occasion.
SERVING SIZE – 6
- Milk – 3 cups
- Bread – 4 slices
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Saffron – ¼ tsp
- Cardamom powder – 2 pinches
- Ghee – for frying
- Nuts (Cashews, raising, almonds and pista) – for garnishing.
- Boil the milk in the heavy bottom pan, add few saffron and 1 pinch of cardamom powder and mix it well. Let it boil until till it reduces to half of its original volume. Cook it the slow flame.
- Occasionally stir the milk until its thick and gets the nice creamy texture. This is called Rabdi.
- Take the pan and add water, sugar, few saffron and 1 pinch of cardamom powder. Mix it well and let it boil until sugar melts and becomes a Sugar Syrup.
- Heat the kadai, add the ghee and fry the sliced bread until golden color. Keep it aside.
- In the remaining ghee fry all the nuts and raisins and keep it aside.
- Dip the fried bread in the sugar syrup for few second and keep in the serving plate/bowl.
- Pour the Rabdi on top of the Bread and garnish the fried nuts and raisins on top of it.
- Sweet Shahi Tukda / Double Ka Mitha is now ready. Serve it immediately and enjoy the sweet.
- You can make the Rabdi and Sugar Syrup side by side to save.
- You can adjust the sweetness, by adding/reducing the amount of sugar while making the Syrup.
- If you prefer not to take Ghee(aka Diet conscious), you can substitute Ghee with regular cooking oil to fry the Bread. Doing so, will undo the natural taste of the Dish.