SERVING SIZE – 3 to 4
- Potato (Large) â€“ 1
- Chick peas (Channa) â€“ 1 can
- Onion (medium) -1
- Tomato (medium) â€“ 2
- Ginger â€“ 1 inch piece
- Garlic â€“ 2 pods
- Turmeric powder â€“ 2 pinches
- Red chili powder â€“ 1 tsp
- Coriander powder â€“ 1 tsp
- Garam Masala â€“ 2 pinches
- Asafoetida (Hing) â€“ 1 pinch
- Coriander leaves â€“ few
- Salt â€“ to taste
- Lemon/Lime juice â€“ to taste
- Oil â€“ 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- If you donâ€™t have a pre-cooked readymade Chick Peas Can, soak 1 cup raw chick peas overnight in water. Then Cook it for 3 whistles and drain the excess water.
- Grind onion, tomatoes, ginger and garlic in to the fine paste using blender.
- Pell the skin of the potato and cut it into cubes. Cook separate until it becomes tender. Keep it aside.
- Heat the oil and add cumin seeds. After it splutters, add the ground paste. SautÃ© until the raw smell is gone. Then add the Asafoetida (Hing) and turmeric powder and give it a quick mix.
- Add all the spice powders and little water. Mix it well.
- Then add the cooked potato, chick peas and salt. Cook it for 2 minutes.
- Finally add the lemon/lime juice and mix it well. Garnish it with some coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with Roti, Poori and Rice.