Yet another easy and quick Recipe that you can make in no time and keep one mouth watering :).
- Aloo/potato (M) â€“ 1 number
- Tomato (M) â€“ 2 numbers
- Peas (frozen) â€“ Â½ cup
- Cumin seeds â€“ 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste â€“ 1tsp
- Hing – 2 pinches
- Ghee and oil â€“ 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder â€“ 1 tsp / to taste
- Coriander powder â€“ 1 tsp
- Plain/Pav bhaji garam masala â€“ 1 tsp
- Besan / chickpeas flour (optional) â€“ 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves â€“ few
- Salt â€“ to taste
- Sugar (optional) â€“ 1 tsp
Serves – 3
Cooking Time – 20 min
- Grind the onion, ginger and garlic into paste. Grind the Tomato as Puree.
- Take a pressure cooker, heat the butter and oil. Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds. When it splutters, add ground paste and sautÃ© until the raw smell is gone.
- Add the chopped potato and peas and mix it well. Then add the dry powders, salt, sugar and enough water to cook. Mix it well. Pressure cook it for 2 whistles. Let it cool.
- Open the pressure cooker and check the consistency. If it is too watery, add the Besan in a small cup and mix it with little water and pour it and bring in to boil for 2 minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- You can follow the same process using the sauce pan. It take little longer time.
- Serve it hot with Roti/Rice/Parata/Naan.
Pressure Cooker Method Image:
- If you use fresh peas, soak it overnight and add it while cooking.
- You can make this dish without onion, ginger and garlic paste. The taste will be good as well.