A very easy dish that forms the base for many tasty recipes – Aloo Tikki.
- Potato [M] â€“ 3 nos
- Chopped coriander leaves (Finely chopped) â€“ 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida powder â€“ 2 pinches
- Red chili powder â€“ Â¼ tsp / to taste
- Green chili paste â€“ Â¼ tsp / to taste
- Cumin powder â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Amchoor powder/ dry mango powder â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Oil â€“ for roast the patties
- Salt â€“ to taste
Serves – 7 tikki pieces
Prep Time – 5 min
Potato Cooking Time – 15 min
- Cook the Potatoes, peel the skin and mash it.
- Add the Red Chili powder, Cumin powder, Asafoetida, Amchoor powder, Coriander leaves and Salt. Mix it well.
- Apply oil in the palm of your hand, make a lemon size ball and pat it into round shape and press it flat (you can do it any shape like Heart, Oval etc.). Keep it aside.
- Heat the non-stick skillet and add oil. Place the patties and cook/roast on both sides until golden color.
- Take it out and dry it using a paper towel (this also helps the Tikki to firm up if itâ€™s too soft).
- Enjoy the hot Aloo Tikki with Tomato ketchup, Green chutney and Tamarind chutney.