Spiced Potatoes and Cauliflower with Masala.
- Cauliflower β 1 medium, cut into small florets
- Potatoes β 2 large, Peel the skin and cut into cubes.
- Frozen Green Peas β 1 cup
- Dried fenugreek leaves/ Kasoori methi – 1 tbsp
- Oil β 3 Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds β 1/2 tsp
- Asofoetida β 1 pinch
- Turmeric Powder β 1/2 tsp
- Onion (medium) β 1 finely chopped
- GingerGarlic Paste β 1 tbsp
- Green chili – 1 no (cut into half piece)
- Tomatoes β 2 large, finely chopped
- Coriander Powder β 2 tsp
- Garam Masala β 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder β to taste
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) β 1/2 tsp
- Salt β to taste
- Cilantro β chopped for garnishing
- Take a kadai, heat the Oil and add Cumin Seeds and allow them to sizzle. Add asofoetida, turmeric Powder and Onions, mix well and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Ginger-garlic paste and green chili, mix and saute until Oil starts to separate from the onions and stir often.
- Add Tomatoes, mix and cook until Oil again separates from the mixture and stir often.
- Take 1/4 cup of water add Coriander Powder, Red Chili Powder, Dry Mango Powder and mix it well.Pour the mixture.Let it cook for 1 minute.
- Add the dried fenugreek leaves and salt and mix well.
- Add the chopped Potatoes, mix well. Cover the lid and let it cook for 5-10 minutes. When the potates are halfway cooked, add the cauliflower and mix it well. Let it cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle some water if needed.
- Add Green Peas and mix it gently. Cover and cook until all veggies are tender but not mushy and breaking apart. Finally add the garam masala mix it well.
- Garnish with chopped Cilantro (Coriander) Leaves.
- Serve it hot with Chapatti, Paratha or Rice.
- If you want the gravy consistency, add little more water.