I wanted to keep coming up with right food to give to my son that is tasty and easy to pick and eat. He likes Beetroot and Carrot a lot. At the same time, I always wanted to try Cutlet at home. So, I decided to mix Potato and Carrot with Beetroot and give a tasty Beetroot Cutlet. It worked well and it’s now part of his diet.
- Potato [M] â€“ 1 no
- Beetroot [M] â€“ 1 no
- Carrot [M] â€“ 1 no
- Chopped coriander leaves (Finely chopped) â€“ 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida powder â€“ 2 pinches (optional)
- Red chili powder â€“ Â¼ tsp / to taste
- Coriander powder â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Amchoor powder/ dry mango powder â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Oil â€“ for roasting the patties
- Breadcrumbs â€“ for rolling the patties
- Salt â€“ to taste
- Peel the skin of the veggies (Carrot, Potato and Beetroot) and steam the veggies in the pressure cooker using a steamer (or use a stainless steel strainer) for 3 whistle (Make sure the water doesnâ€™t touch the veggies).
- Take the steamed and cooled down veggies and mash it (Drain any excess water). Add the Red Chili powder, Cumin powder, Asafoetida, Amchoor powder, Coriander leaves and Salt. Mix it well. Make sure the mix is on the dry side rather than too wet.
- Make a lemon size ball and pat it into round shape and press it flat (you can do it any shape of your liking like Heart, Oval etc.). Roll the patties in the breadcrumbs. Keep it aside.
- Heat the non-stick skillet and add oil for shallow fry. Place the patties and cook/shallow fry on both sides until golden color. Take it out and dry it using a paper towel.
- Enjoy the hot Beetroot Cutlet with Tomato ketchup, Green chutney and Tamarind chutney.