- Beetroot (Medium size) â 1 no (peel the skin, and chop into pieces)
- Turmeric powder â Â¼ tsp
- Grated Coconut â 1 tbsp (optional)
- Sambar Powder â 1 Â½ tbsp / to taste
- Tamarind paste â 1 tbsp / to taste
- Hing â 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seed â 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seed -1/2 tsp
- Toor Dal â 1/4 tsp
- Salt â To taste
- Gingely Oil â 4-5 tsp
- Curry leaves â 2 sprigs
- Grated Jaggery â 1 tsp
- Water â 2 cup/as needed
Serves – 3 to 4 person
Prep Time – 15-20 min
- Mix the Tamarind paste in 2 cups of water and keep it to the side.
- Heat the Kadai and add Oil, Mustard seeds. After it splutters, add the Fenugreek seed and Toor dal. Once it become golden brown, add the Hing and Curry leaves. Then add the chopped beetroot and saute for a minute.
- Add the grated Coconut, Turmeric and Sambar powder. Saute it for few seconds.
- Add the Tamarind extract and Salt. Allow it to boil for 15 min, until the oil separates. Cook it in the medium flame.
- Finally add the Jaggery and mix it well. Switch off the flame/heat. Yummy Beetroot Kuzhambu is ready.