- Red bell Pepper- 2 to 3 nos
- Mustard Seed – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 6 tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Salt – to taste
- Channa Dal – 1/2 cup
- Toor Dal – 1/4 cup
- Red chilli – 3 to 4
- Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Soak Channa dal and toor dal for 1.5 – 2 hrs.
- Drain the water and ,grind the soaked Channa dal, toor dal, red chillies, salt and hing to coarse.
- Method 1 :
- Bake the above mix in the idli breathe for 10 – 15 min.
- After baking,let it cool and Â loosen the baked mix with hand or mixie wiper (do not add water).Make sure not to make it a paste. Â (or)
- Method 2 :
- You can directly fry the dal mixture in the oil until it becomes loosen.But it consumes lot oil.
- After the above process (either of the method) Take a pan and add oil ,mustard seed,curry leaves. Then add chopped Red bell Pepper ,cook until it becomes tender. Then add the dal mix.
- Add salt to taste, fry it for 10 min.
- Serve it hot with Rice. Serving with Buttermilk Khuzhambu is the best combination.
- Instead of Red Bell Pepper you can use Green bell Pepper/Yellow Bell Pepper/Beans/Cluster Beans/Vazhaippu.