If you have a lot of bread getting close to expiry date and want to use it in a delicious way, here is an option. I learned it from my co-sister Smrithi. Prefect snack for kids and everyone around and for surprising guests!.
- Bread â€“ 10 slices (white)
- Onion [M] â€“ 1 (Finely chopped)
- Potato [M] â€“ 1 (peel the skin, cooked and mashed)
- Beans â€“ 2 tbsp (chopped and cooked)
- Frozen peas â€“ 1 tbsp (cooked)
- Carrot â€“ 1 tbsp (grated)
- Green chili â€“ 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander â€“ 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Red chili powder â€“ Â½ tsp / to taste
- Garam masala â€“ 2 pinches
- Amchoor powder â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil/ butter â€“ for roast
- Dip the bread in the water and squeeze the water. Put in the bowl.
- Along with the bread, add the mashed Potatoes, grated Carrot, cooked Beans and Peas. Add the Red Chili powder, Garam masala, Coriander leaves, Green Chili and Salt. Mix it well.
- Apply few drops of oil in the parchment sheet. Spread the bread mixture into round shape/any shape you prefer. Heat the Tawa and add the butter/oil. Place the Adai gently and remove the sheet.
- Cook the Adai in the slow-medium mode, until gets golden color on each side. Take it out and tasty Bread Adai is ready.
- Serve the Bread Adai hot with ketchup and tea. Awesomeness!!