A new recipe from my Mother-in-Law. ¬†This is Bread Biryani without rice.
- Bread – 3 slices
- Green Chilli – 2 nos
- Grated Cocunut – 2 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Onion – 1 no
- Tomato – 1 no
- Potato – 2 nos
- Grated Carrot – 1/2 cup
- Green Peas – 1/2 cup
- Mustered seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Urad Dal – 1/4 tsp
- Ginger – small piece
- Oil as needed
- Pulse the green chillies,ginger, grated cocunut and fennel seeds without adding water.
- Cook potatoes to 3/4 consistancy, then peal the skin and cut in to pieces and add salt and mix it well.
- Boil the green peas, keep it aside.
- Take a kadai add the oil. When it’s hot add the salted potatoes and fry it. Once done,take it out and keep it aside.
- Take a dosai tava, tost the bread slice without adding oil in the medium heat. Do not over toast the bread.
- Cut the tosted breads into cubes and fry it,take it out and keep it aside.
- Take a kadai pour the 2 tsp oil, when it’s getting heat add the mustard seeds. After it splutter add the urad dal when its getting golden color add the chopped onion and stir it.when the onion is getting golden color add the chopped tomatoes and stir it well.Let it cook for minutes.
- Add the cooked green peas and grated carrot and add salt(small amount) mix it well.Then add the pulsed cocunut mixture and stir it well.Let it cook for 2 minutes.Then add the fried potato cubes and stir well.
- Before serving add the fried bread cubes and mix it.
- Serve it hot. You can use this receipe for tiffin or snack item.