SERVING SIZE â€“ 3
- Chick peas / Garbanzo beans â€“ 2 cups
- Onion (big size) â€“ 1 number
- Tomato (medium) â€“ 2 numbers
- Channa masal powder â€“ 1 Â½ – 2 tbsp
- Green chilies â€“ 1 – 2 numbers
- Red chili powder â€“ Â½ tsp
- Turmeric powder â€“ Â½ tsp
- Ginger- garlic paste â€“ 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice â€“ 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves â€“ few
- Cloves â€“ 2 numbers
- Cinnamon â€“ Â½ inch stick
- Bay leaves â€“ 2 numbers
- Cardamom â€“ 2 numbers
- Cumin seeds â€“ 1 tsp
- Hing â€“ 2 pinch (optional)
- Salt â€“ to taste
- Oil â€“ 2 tbsp
- Butter â€“ Â½ tbsp
- Soak chick peas over night. Then cook it in the pressure cooker for 4 â€“ 5 whistles with enough water. [OR]Â You can use the canned chick peas.
- Take a kadai, heat the oil and butter, and add the cinnamon stick, bay leaves, cloves, cardamom, hing and cumin seeds. Then add the chopped onion and sautÃ© it until golden color.
- Add chopped green chilies, turmeric powder, ginger â€“ garlic paste and sautÃ© it until raw smell is gone.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and mix it well. Let it cook for 5-10 min. Then add the channa masala powder, red chili powder and mix it well. Add some water, let it come to boil.
- Add the canned or cooked chick peas and mix it well. Let it cook for 5 minutes. And switch off the stove.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix it well.
- Serve it hot with chapatti, poori [or] rice.
- You can also grind the Onion, tomato, Green Chilli, Ginger and Garlic in a mixer and then saute instead of finely chopping (just chop it to your liking).