A healthy and simple Salad that is good for all ages and a natural good source of Protein and dietary fiber.
- Chick Peas â€“ 1 cup
- Onion (chopped) â€“ Â½ cup
- Cucumber (Chopped) â€“ Â½ cup
- Cherry Tomato â€“ 10 nos (Cut in to half lengthwise)
- Carrot (Grated) â€“ 2-3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves (Chopped) â€“ 2 tbsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Crushed pepper and cumin seeds â€“ 1 tsp [or] to taste
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp [or] to taste
- Salt â€“ to taste
- Soak the chick peas over night. Then pressure cook it for 4 -5 whistle with enough water. When it cools drain the water. [Or] You can use the canned chick peas as well.
- Remove the skin of the cucumber and chop it. If necessary remove the seeds.
- Take a big bowl, Add the oil, crushed pepper and cumin seeds, lemon juice and salt. Mix it well.
- Add the chopped onion, cucumber, cherry tomato, carrot, coriander leaves and chick peas. Mix it well.
- Serve it as a nice salad item or along with toasted bread as a sandwich.