A perfect recipe for Neivedhayam to the god. And of course a dessert item for any occasion.
- Grated Jagarry – 1 cup
- Boiled Milk – 1 1/2 cup
- Cardamom – 1/4 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Cashewnut – 6 pieces
- Water – 1 1/2 cup
- Raw Rice (uncooked) – 1 tbsp
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Soak the raw rice in the water for 2 hours, then drain all the water.
- Grind the rice and coconut with little amount of water. The consistancy should beÂ midway between coarse and paste.
- Take a pan add the above grind product and add the water.In the medium heat boil it forÂ 15 minutes. Stir it often. Itâs very important for the rice and coconut grind product to cook well.
- After it cooks, add the grated jagarry and stir it well. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cardamom powder and 1tbsp of ghee Â and mix well.
- Switch off the stove add the boiled milk. Â Make sure the milk is not super hot. It can be cold or warm. The reason for adding the milk after switching off the stove is to prevent the milk from curdling.
- For Garnishing, take a pan andÂ add ghee. When it’s hot add cashewnuts fry it until golden color andÂ pour it in the payasam/pudding.
- Serve it hot [or] cold.