Another awesome Makhani. It’s special for me and my family as we always get it when dining out. Finally, I was able to make it at home and it came out well.
- Whole Black Urad Dal â€“ Â¾ cup
- Red Kidney Beans / Rajma â€“ Â½ cup
- Channa Dal / Chick peas â€“ Â½ cup
- Cardamom â€“ 1 no
- Cinnamon Stick â€“ 2 inch
- Cloves â€“ 2 nos
- Bay leaf â€“ 2 nos
- Tomato [M] â€“ 2 nos (Grind into puree)
- Ginger garlic paste â€“ 1 tbsp
- Green chili paste â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Red chili powder â€“ 1 tsp / to taste
- Coriander powder â€“ 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder â€“ 1 tsp
- Kastoori Methi â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Heavy cream â€“ 2tbsp
- Coriander leaves â€“few
- Salt â€“ to taste
Serves -4 to 5 persons
Preparation Time – 45 min
- Soak the Dal (Whole Black Urad Dal,CHanna Dal, Rajma) overnight and cook it in the pressure cooker for 3 to 4 whistles by adding enough water. Roughly mash it.
- Heat the Kadai, add Butter and Oil. Add Cumin seeds. When it splutters, add Whole Garam masala. Then add the Tomato puree, Ginger Garlic paste and Turmeric powder. Mix it well, cook until raw smell is gone. Cook it in the medium flame.
- Add the Red Chili powder, Coriander powder, Kastoori Methi and Salt and mix it well.
- Now add the cooked dal and 1 cup of water. (Cooked dal has some water. So, donâ€™t throw the water away. Keep it, accordingly add the extra water when needed).
- Cover it with the lid. Cook it in the slow flame for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. This way, the gravy becomes thick and tasty.
- Finally add the heavy cream. Mix it well and cook for 2 minutes. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with Roti, Parata, Naan and rice.