Ginger has lot of medicinal values. Â From that comes a unique Kuzhambu, which is tasty, simple and at the same time helps in indigestion issues.
SERVING SIZE â€“ 2
- Gingelly oil â€“ 3 to 4 tbsp
- Mustered seeds â€“ Â½ tsp
- Curry leaves â€“ 1 sprig
- Hing â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Tamarind Extract – 1 to 1 Â½ cup
- Turmeric Powder – Â½ tsp
- Salt â€“ to taste
- Ginger â€“ 2 to 2.5 inch piece
- Red Chili â€“ 2 nos or (to taste)
- Take a kadai and add oil. When its hot, add mustered seeds. After it splutters, add the curry leaves and hing. Stir it. Â Add the Tamarind extract, turmeric powder and Â salt and mix it well.
- Let it boil until the raw smell is gone. Let it cooks for 10 â€“ 15 minutes.
- Take the ginger, peal the skin and wash. Cut it into pieces. Grind it with red chilies and little water using the mixie.
- Pour the grind product in to the boiling tamarind water. Let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Then switch of the stove.
- Serve it hot with rice and papad. Enjoy a healthy food.