A traditional South Indian Salad from the ancient days which has a lot going for it in terms of flavor, healthiness and spiritual factor. Its usually famous during Shri Rama Navami celebration.
- Carrot [M] â€“ 1 no
- Cucumber [m] â€“ 1 no
- Moong dal â€“ 2 tbsp
- Grated coconut â€“ 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves â€“ few
- Lemon juice â€“ 1 tbsp/ to taste
- Salt â€“ to taste
- Oil â€“ 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Green chili â€“ 2 nos [break it into half]
- Asafoetida â€“ a pinch
- Wash and soak the Moong dal for an hour. Then drain the water completely and keep it aside.
- Peel the skin of the Carrot and wash then grate.
- Peel the skin of the Cucumber and remove the seeds and wash. Then finely chop it.
- Wash and finely chop the Coriander leaves.
- Take a bowl and add grated Carrot, chopped Cucumber and Coriander leaves. Then add grated coconut, drained Moong dal. Now add the salt and lemon juice.
- Take a Kadai, heat the oil and add mustard seeds. When it splutters, add the Green chili and Asafoetida. Give a quick mix. And add it into the Kosumalli bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- The Yummy and tasty Kosumalli is ready. Serve it as it is.