A classic Italian Macaroni and Cheese that I tried for my 2 year old Son. He loved it to the core. This is a perfect lunch for kids.
SERVING SIZE â€“ 3 to 4
- Elbow Macaroni Pastaâ€“ 1 cup
- Butter (Room temperature) â€“ 2 tbsp
- MilkÂ (Room temperature) – 1.5 Cup
- Cheese (shredded) – 3/4 cup (I used 4 cheese blend).
- All purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Boil water in a vessel.Â In the boiling water add 2 tsp of Salt and mix it. Add the Elbow Macaroni in the boiling water and cook for 10-12min by closing with a lid.
- One the Macaroni is cooked, remove the vessel and drain the water and keep the Macaroni aside.
- Take a heavy bottom pan, in low flame melt the butter and add the all purpose flour. Mix it until the color changes. Then slowly add the milk and mix it properly with out lumps. Cook it in the slow flame for 2 mintues.
- Then add the cheese (it will melt) and mix it well. Now add the cooked Elbow Macaroni, salt and pepper. Give it a good stir.
- Serve the hot creamy and yummy Macaroni and Cheese.
- Instead of cheese blend (with Cheddar cheese), you can use just the Cheddar cheese.
- I will prepare and post some more versions of this by adding some vegetables to the mix.