- Tamarind water â€“Â 1 Âľ to 2 cup (little thick)
- Garlic cloves â€“ 6 numbers / to taste (optional)
- Turmeric powder â€“ 1 tsp
- Curry leaves â€“ few
- Jaggery (grated) â€“ Â˝ tsp
- Salt â€“ to taste
- Toor dal â€“ 1 tbsp
- Channa dal â€“ ÂĽ tsp
- Black Pepper (whole) â€“ ÂĽ tsp
- Red chilies â€“ 2 numbers
- Curry leaves â€“ 2 sprigs
- Gingily oil â€“ 2 tsp
- Ghee â€“ 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds â€“ ÂĽ tsp
- Asafetida â€“ ÂĽ tsp
Serves – 4
Time – 15 min
- Heat the Kadai and add few drops of oil. Add the â€śTo grindâ€ť items and fry until Dal gets golden color. Take it out and let it cool. Grind it into a powder.
- In the same Kadai, add the Oil / Ghee, add the Mustard seeds. When it splutters, add the Garlic cloves, Asafoetida and Curry leaves. SautĂ© the Garlic until raw smell is gone.
- Add the Tamarind water, Turmeric powder and Salt. Mix it well and bring it into boil until raw small is gone. Now add the ground powder and mix it well and let it boil for 5 minutes in the medium flame. Finally add the Jaggery and mix it well.
- Mix it with hot rice (Make sure to add Ghee/Oil). Eat along with Aviyal/Kootu and Pappad/Chips as side.