SERVING SIZE âÂ 8Â Thepla’s
- Methi leaves â Â½ cup
- Wheat flour â 1 cup
- Coriander leaves â 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder â Â¼ tsp
- Red chili powder â Â½ tsp
- Coriander powder â Â½ tsp
- Asafetida â 2 pinches (optional)
- Cumin seeds â 1 tsp
- Curd â 1 tbsp
- Water â as needed
- Salt â to taste
- Remove the Methi leaves from the stem, wash it thoroughly.
- TakeÂ a Kadai, heatÂ with few drops of oil andÂ saute the methi leaves until it gets shrunk and reduced in volume.
- Take a mixing bowl, add the Wheat flour, Turmeric Powder, Red Chili Powder, Coriander Powder, Curd, Methi leaves, Coriander leaves, Cumin seeds, Asafoetida and Salt. Mix it well.
- Then slowly add the water and knead the dough. Finally add few drops of oil and cover the dough. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Take an equal size ball and roll it in. Heat the Tava/Skillet, add theÂ rolled dough andÂ toast it on medium flame. Flip over and add the few drops of oil and flip over to another side and again add few drops of oil. Take it out and keep in the hot pack.
- ServeÂ the Methi TheplaÂ hot with Raita and Pickle.Â Â Or enjoy it with any Gravy/Kurma.