SERVING SIZE â€“ 4
- Murungakkai (Drumstick) – 2 sticks [or you can use Frozen drumstick- 10-12 nos]
- Tomato (medium) â€“ 1 no
- Toor dal â€“ Â¼ cup
- Sambar powder â€“ 1 tbsp [or] to taste
- Hing â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Salt â€“ to taste
- Coriander leaves – few
- Channa dal â€“ 1 tbsp
- Grated coconut â€“ 4 tbsp
- Curry leaves â€“ 1 sprig
- Coconut oil / any cooking oil â€“ 1 tbsp
- Mustered seeds â€“ 1 tsp
- Urad dal (split) â€“ 1 tsp
- Cook the toor dal with enough water and turmeric powder in the pressure cooker for 3 whistles.
- Take a pan, add few drops of oil and add channa dal. Fry till golden color and let it cool.
- Grind it with coconut and curry leaves with some water to the paste consistency.
- Take the heavy bottom pan. Add cut drumstick , choppedÂ tomato, sambar powder, hing and enough water. Let it boil until the veggies are cook.
- Then add the cooked and mashed toor dal and salt. Cook it for 1 minute. Add the ground paste from step 2, mix it well. Add some water. Let it cook until allÂ blendsÂ to gravyÂ consistency.
- Take a pan, heat the coconut oil, add mustered seeds. When it splutters, add urad dal. Fry it until golden color. Pour it into the gravy.
- Garnish it with some coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with rice/coconut thogayal rice and veggie poriyal. You can also use as side dish.
- If the gravy is too watery add 1 tbsp of rice flour and mix it with water and pour it. Let it boil for 2 minutes.