- Small Onion -10 no (or) medium onion – 1 no
- Sambar Powder – 1 tsp
- Tamarind – Mini lemon size
- Hing – 1/2 tsp
- Musted seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds -1/2 tsp
- Toor dal – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – 4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Jaggery – 1 tsp
- Peal the onions and cut into Â pieces.
- Heat the Â kadai, add oil and musted seeds. After it splutters, add the fenugreekÂ seeds and toor dal. Once it become golden brown add the pealed onions and saute it for few minutes.
- Add the sambar powder and saute it for few seconds.
- Add the tamarind extract,salt, hing and curry leaves allow it to boil for 15 min.
- Finally add the jaggery let it cook for few min.
- Serve it hot with rice. Keerai masiyal / Snake guard kootu and potato curry is the perfect combination.