Pesarattu – an yummy and healthy recipe rich is Protein and Fiber. A must for your dietary needs.
- Whole Green Moong â€“ 1 cup
- Raw rice â€“ 1/2 cup
- Green chili â€“ 2 nos / to taste
- Ginger â€“ 1 inch piece
- Cumin seeds â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Asafoetida â€“ 2 pinches
- Onion â€“ 1 nos
- Curry leaves â€“ 2 sprigs
- Coriander leaves â€“ few
- Salt â€“ to taste
Serves – 10 pieces
Soaking Time – 4 to 6 hours
Preparation Time – 2-3 hours (if batter is left for 2 hrs)
- Soak Rice and whole Moong for 4 to 6 hours.
- Grind the whole Moong with Green Chilies, Ginger, Cumin seeds, Asafoetida and Salt. Grind it smooth and take it out. Take the rice and grind it separate.
- Mix both the ground Moong and Rice well and now the Pesarattu batter is ready and ready to use right away. I usually let it sit for 2 hours before using it.
- Finely chop the Onion and roughly chop the Curry leaves and Coriander leaves. Mix it with the batter.
- Heat the skillet, pour a ladle of batter and spread it into circle using the back side of the ladle. Make it to your required thickness. Drizzle the oil/ghee around the circumference. Cook it on both sides until golden color. Hot Pesarattu is ready.
- Serve it hot with Ginger Chutney/Allam Pachadi. Any Chutney/Sambar would be nice too.