SERVING SIZE β 3
- Sabudana (Tapioca/Sago) β 2 cups
- Potato β 1 medium
- Water β 1/2 cup
- Salt β to taste
- Lime/Lemon Juice β 3 to 4 Tbsp (to taste)
- Powdered Roasted Peanuts β 1/2 cup
- Oil β 2 Tbsp
- Ghee β 1 Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds β 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilies β to taste (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves β few
- Wash, drain and soak Sabudana in 1/2 cup of water. Keep it aside for minimum 2 to 8 hours. Stir it with a spoon occasionally.
- Peel the potato skin and cut into cubes.
- Heat Oil and Ghee in a medium non-stick pan and add Cumin Seeds. When it splutters, add chopped Green Chillies and let it sautΓ© for 1 minute. Add the chopped Potatoes and salt. Cook uncovered until potatoes are tender.
- Add the Sabudana, Powdered Roasted Peanuts, Lime/lemon juice and salt then mix it well. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes. Check and adjust Salt and Lime Juice. Cook it in the slow flame.
- Often stir it for every 1-2 minutes and re-cover the pan. Sprinkle a little water if it is drying out.
- Finally add the chopped Coriander leaves and mix. Tasty Sabudana Kitchdi is ready.
- Serve it hot with green chutney or eat as it is.
- For saving time, cook the potato with salt separate until it becomes tender. And add it with Sabudana while cooking.
- While tempering you can add a pinch of turmeric powder. It gives a nice color.