We all know that Sprouts are healthy. But, not all of us like to eat it raw (Good things doesn’t always taste good ah? ). So, i added Masala element to make it Taste good. I call it Sprout Masala.
- Mixed Sprouts â€“ 1 1/2 cups
- Onion (medium) â€“ 1
- Tomato (medium) â€“ 2
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic â€“ 4 cloves
- Red chili powder â€“ 1tsp
- Coriander powder â€“ 1 tsp
- Garam masala â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves â€“ few
- Lemon juice â€“ Â¼ tsp / to taste
- Butter â€“ 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds â€“ 1 tsp
- Oil â€“ 2 tsp
- Salt â€“ to taste
- Chop Onion, Tomato, Ginger and Garlic. Grind all these in to a fine paste.
- Take the pressure cooker, heat the butter and oil. Add the cumin seeds. When it splutters, add the ground paste and saute until raw smell is gone.
- Add the Turmeric powder, Red Chili powder, Coriander powder and Garam masala. Mix it well.
- Add the Sprouts and add enough water and salt and mix it. Cover the cooker. Cook it for until 4 to 5 whistles. After the pressure is released add lemon juice and coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Serve it hot with Rice, Roti, Naan.
- This gravy should be little thick. If it is too thin, you can add 1 tbsp spoon of chick pea flour and mix it with water and add it and bring into boil for 2 minutes.