Sundakkai (Turkey Berry) – A rich source of dietary fiber and vitamins which effectively eliminates stomach worms and improves digestive power.
SERVING SIZE â€“ 4
- Sundaikkai vathal – 2 tbsp
- Tamrind – lemon size
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinch
- Sambar powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Toor dal – 1 tsp
- Mustered Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
- Gingelly Oil – 4 Â tbsp
- Grated Coconut – 1 tbsp(optional)
- Grated Jaggery – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Soak the tamrind in warm water for approx 10 min. Mash the tamarind well and extract (filter) the water.
- Take a kadai and heat the oil. Then add mustered seeds. When it splutters add toor dal, fenugreek seeds and curryleaves and stir it well.
- Add Sundaikkai vathal fry until brownish black color. Make sure Sundaikkai vathal doesn’t burn. Cook it in the medium flame.
- Add Sambar powder, turmeric powder, hing and grated coconut and mix it well.
- Then add tamarind water and salt, stir it well. Cook until the raw smell is gone.
- Add the grated jaggery and mix it. Boil until the oil seperates out (you can see it float on top).
- Serve it hot with rice and Papad.