- Potato [M] β 1 no [peal the skin chop into pieces]
- Onion [M] β 1 no
- Tomato [M] β 1 no
- Carrot [M] -no [peal the skin chop into pieces]
- Beans β chopped 1/4 cup
- Brinjal [M] β 1 no [chop into pieces]
- Frozen peas β 1/4 cup
- Moong dal β 1/2 cup
- Sambar powder β 1/4 tsp/ to taste [optional]
- Coriander leaves β for garnishing
- Salt β to taste
- Oil β 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds β ΒΌ tsp
- Urad dal β ΒΌ tsp
- Green chili β 2 nos [Chopped] / to taste
- Ginger β 1 inch [Chopped]
- Curry leaves β 1 sprig
- Asafoetida/hing β 2 pinches
Serves – 3 persons
Preparation Time – 20 min
- Cook the Moong dal with enough water and a pinch of Turmeric powder in the cooker for 3 whistles.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and heat the Oil. Add the Mustard seeds. When it splutters, add the Urad dal. Add the Green chilies, Ginger, Curry leaves and Hing. Mix it well.
- Add the chopped Onion. When it’s golden color, add the chopped Tomato and add washed and chopped Veggies. And enough Water (to cook the veggies), Sambar powder and Salt. Mix it well and cover it with the lid. Let it cook until veggies becomes tender. Cook it in the medium flame.
- Now add the cooked and mashed Moong dal and mix it well. Bring it into boil. The consistency should be litter thicker than the Sambar. Switch off the flame.
- Garnish it with Coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with Dosa/Idli/Roti/Rice/Pongal, etc.