SERVING SIZE β 2
- Spaghetti β 1 fistful
- Tomato paste β 2 tbsp.
- Onion β 1 medium (chopped)
- Garlic β 4 cloves
- Basil leaves β few / to taste
- Red chili flakes β 1 tsp. / to taste
- Carrot β 1 medium (chopped into small cubes)
- Italian seasoning β 1 tsp. / to taste
- Salt β to taste
- Olive Oil β 3 tbsp.
- Tomato chili sauce (optional) – 2 tbsp. / to taste
- Take a Pot and cook the Spaghetti in boiling water for 10 min. For further soft texture, cook for additional 2 min. Drain the pasta and keep it aside. Keep some pasta water as well.
- Cook the carrot separate and keep it aside.
- Heat the pan, add Olive Oil. Add the chopped onion and sautΓ© it. When it is translucent color, add the chopped garlic and chili flakes and mix it well. Cook until the raw smell is gone.
- Add the tomato paste and sautΓ© it well. Add the cooked carrot + little water and basil leaves. Give it a stir.
- Add the cooked pasta, Tomato chili sauce and Italian seasoning. Mix it well. If it is dry add some pasta water and mix it well.
- Serve it hot with some steamed veggies.
- Instead of tomato paste you can use chopped tomatoes / canned tomatoes / pasta sauce as well.
- Instead of fresh basil you can use dry basil as well.
- You can add the Basil leaves at the end as well.