Yet another known from friend Recipe :). My friend Kavitha used to make this Gujarathi recipe Handvo aka Vegetable Cake whenever we hangout. Finally, I had a chance to make it and it came out well.
- Rava/Sooji â€“ 1 cup
- Besan/Chick pea flour â€“ ÂĽ cup
- Curd â€“ Â˝ cup
- Mix veggies (chopped) â€“ 1 cup (I have used beans, carrot and peas)
- Green chili paste â€“ ÂĽ tsp
- Grated ginger â€“ Â˝ tsp
- Turmeric powder â€“ ÂĽ tsp
- Red chili powder â€“ ÂĽ tsp / to taste
- Coriander powder â€“ ÂĽ tsp
- Water â€“ Â˝ cup (Adjust it according to the thickness of the curd)
- Lemon juice â€“ 2 tsp
- Eno fruit salt â€“ 1 tsp
- Salt â€“ to taste
- Oil â€“ 4 tbsp
- Mustard seeds â€“ ÂĽ tsp
- Cumin seeds â€“ ÂĽ tsp
- Sesame seed (white) â€“ Â˝ tsp
- Curry leaves â€“ few
- Asafoetida â€“ 2 pinches
- Take a bowl and add Rava, Besan, Veggies, Curd, Green chili paste, Ginger, Red chili powder, Coriander powder, Turmeric powder, Water, Lemon juice and salt. Mix it well. Finally, add the Eno fruit salt and mix it well. Cake Mix is ready.
- Take a nonstick Kadai and add the 4 tbsp of oil. Make sure the oil is spread evenly in the pan. Then add the remaining â€śseasoningâ€ť items. When it splutters, add the Cake mixture. Spread it evenly and cover it with lid. Cook it for 10 minutes in the medium flame.
- Gently take it out in the plate. Add 2 tbsp of oil. Turn over the cake to the other side and keep it in the pan and cover it with the lid. Cook it for 10 minutes in the medium flame. Take it out and cut into pieces.
- Enjoy the yummy Handvo aka Vegetable Cake with Coriander chutney.
- You can use any veggie of your choice.
- If you donâ€™t use nonstick Kadai you may end up using little more oil and time also may vary. So keep an eye on that.