- Ragi flour â€“ 1 cup
- Onion [m] â€“ 1 (finely chopped)
- Green chili â€“ 2 (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves â€“ few
- Tamarind paste â€“ 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Salt â€“ to taste
- Water â€“ as need
- Oil â€“ for toasting
- Oil â€“ 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Urad dal (broken) â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Asafetida â€“ 2 pinches
Serves – 4 to 5 adai
Time – 20 min
- Heat the oil in the pan, add the mustard seeds. When it splutters, add the Urad dal. When it turns golden color, add the Curry leaves and Asafetida. Mix it well.
- Add the onion, sautÃ© it until translucent. Keep it aside. Take a bowl, add the Ragi flour, Salt and sautÃ©ed onion. Make it as dough using enough water.
- Take a lemon size ball and flatten it on the banana leaf/ Ziploc cover, grease it with a drop of oil.
- Heat the skillet, add the Adai and drizzle it with few drops of oil, let it cook for 1 min in a low flame and flip over to the other size , drizzle it with oil and cook it .
- Serve it hot with Raita/ Kadhi.