I always wanted to make Vegetable Pizza @ home. Whenever I used Yeast, either it bloats up too much or the smell of the yeast makes me not want to eat it. So after some ‘Bing’ing for non yeast Pizza and multiple tries, I was finally able to get it right by just using Baking Powder. I made the thin crust version and it just tasted awesome – just like Pizza Hut style!. Now, let’s dig into its making :).
- All purpose Flour –Â Â Â Â 2 cups
- Baking powder –Â Â Â Â 2 Â½ tsp
- Salt –Â Â Â Â 1 tsp
- Olive oil –Â Â Â Â 1 tbsp
- Water –Â Â Â Â 3/4 to 1 cups
- Pizza sauce â€“ 5 tbsp / to taste
- Bell Pepper â€“ 1 fistful (thinly sliced)
- Red onion – 1 fistful (thinly sliced)
- Mushroom – 1 fistful (chopped)
- Black olives – 1 fistful (chopped)
- Pineapple – 1 fistful (thinly sliced)
- Diced Tomato â€“ 1 fistful (no seed)
- Mozzarella cheese â€“ 1 cup (shredded) / to taste
- Mix the Flour, Salt and Baking powder in a mixing bowl. Add the warm water and the oil and mix it.
- Keep mixing/kneading the dough until it forms a ball size. Add more water if the dough becomes too stiff. The dough should be nonstick.
- Cover the kneaded dough and let it raise for 1 hour (Its ok if it doesnâ€™t raise too much as itâ€™s not yeast based).
- Take out the dough onto a floured surface and knead the ball of dough for few minutes gently. The dough should be soft, but not sticky. Sprinkle a little flour on the dough if it is too sticky to knead.
- Roll the dough into nice circular shape using a roller (use hand if you are comfortable doing that way). Since I wanted to make a thin crust, I rolled it thin.
- Take a Pizza stone / Pan and grease lightly with Olive Oil. Spread the rolled dough onto the Pizza stone or a flat Pizza pan. Smooth out the dough so that it is uniformly even.
- Preheat the Baking oven @ 400Â°F (~200Â°C).
- Bake the Pizza for five minutes. Take it out and flip over to other side.
- Spread the Pizza Sauce (~5 tbsp) evenly over the Pizza. Sprinkle the Mozzarella Cheese evenly. Add the Vegetable toppings. I added Red Onion, Mushroom, Bell Pepper, Pineapple, Diced Tomatoes and Black Olives.
- Bake at 400Â°F (200Â°C) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now awesome Veggie Pizza is ready.
- Get some Lemonade/drink to the side and enjoy the yummy Pizza.