This is a special and famous Dessert recipe from Argentina that I came across when I met our friend Maxi. Big thanks goes to him for introducing it to us and also getting the ingredients from Argentina so it can be true to taste. After preparing it and tasting, it was so mouthwatering. Oh Myâ€¦
- 200g of Cream Cheese
- 400g of Dulce de Leche (you can search for how to prepare it if not readily available in stores)
- Chocolate biscuits â€“ as needed to fill the layer (I used Chocolina)
- 1 bowl of instant coffee essence/Dikashan (sweetened to your liking with a pinch of sugar) â€“ other alternatives are milk / chocolate milk
- Chocolate syrup (optional) â€“ for Decoration
- Take a bowl and mix Cream Cheese with Dulce de Leche well and keep it aside.
- In a large rectangular pan, lay the first layer of Chocolina biscuits after soaking in the coffee water so that they cover the entire surface of the bowl. Soak the biscuit in the coffee water as you go along.
- Spread the mixture from step 1 over the first layer of biscuits.
- Place another layer of soaked Chocolina biscuits quickly one by one over the spread mixture.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have run out of the cream mix/filled the pan/your preference for layers.
- The final top layer can either be a biscuit or the cream mix spread
- Keep the pan in the Refrigerator (Do not put in Freezer) for at least 4-5 hours. I left it for 1 day.
- When ready to serve, take it out from the refrigerator and cut into desired shape and dress it with Chocolate syrup/dressing of your choice.
- Enjoy the yummy mouthwatering Chocotorta.