SERVING SIZE – 6 Parathas
- Radish (Grated) – 1 cup
- Green chili paste – 1/4 tsp (or) to taste
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
- Ginger paste – 1/4 tsp
- Amchoor powder – to taste
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinches (optional)
- Salt – to taste
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Water – as needed
- Salt – to taste
- Take the Wheat flour and add 1-2 pinch of salt and ½ tsp of oil. Mix it well and then add water (or use the juice from the Radish squeeze).
- Knee the dough well and leave it for 15 – 30 minutes. And then make small size dough balls.
- Grate the Radish and add little salt. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.Then squeeze all the juice from the graded mix.(You can use the juice from the squeeze to make the Dough).
- Add all the spices,coriander leaves, squeezed Radish and salt. Mix it well. Squeeze the mixture again to remove the excess moisture.
- Right after the mixture is made, start making the dough balls in small circle (approx. 3 inch) with the edges/corners being thin and the center being thick. This helps to join the Radish and dough without tearing it.
- Keep the Radish mix ball in the center of the roll and start folding the edges towards the center and seal them.
- Using the roller, roll the sealed side a bit and then turn the sealed side down. Now start rolling the mix like a regular Chapatti. Do not put excess pressure while rolling as it will tear and expose the filling.The thickness depends on your taste and the amount of filling inside.
- Heat the griddle, cook the Parathas on one side until golden color. Turn on to the other side and cook. Apply butter/ghee/oil on both sides. Cook until nice golden color.
- Serve it hot with any chutney, pickle, Raitha or curd.
- You can add red chili powder according to your taste.
- Instead of Squeezing the Radish, u can directly saute it for few minutes to avoid the moisture.And u can add all other ingredients to prepare the filling.