Another yummy Side dish that goes well with almost anything for dinner/lunch – Aloo Saag. Even Spinach hating kids will like it.
- Potato [M] â€“ 2 nos
- Spinach â€“ 1 bunch
- Onion [M] â€“ 1 no
- Ginger â€“ 1 tsp finely chopped
- Asafoetida powder â€“ 2 pinches
- Oil â€“ 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds â€“ ÂĽ tsp
- Cumin seeds â€“ ÂĽ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Red chili powder â€“ Â˝ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – ÂĽ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ÂĽ tsp
Serves – 3 persons
Preparation Time – 15 min
- Take the Kadai. Heat the Oil and add the Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds. When it splutters, add the Onion, Ginger, Asafoetida and Turmeric powder. Saute it until the Onion gets golden color.
- Add the chopped Potato and Salt and mix it well. Cover it with lid. Cook until it gets tender.
- Now add the â€śspicesâ€ť and Spinach. Mix it well. Cook until the Spinach is completely cooked.
- Yummy Aloo Saag is ready. Serve it with Roti/Rice or as a side dish for any Indian meal.