It’s Diwali time and it’s time for some yummy and crunchy snack. One of my favorite is Ribbon Pakoda as it’s one of the easy Diwali recipe to make that will be loved by everyone. This is ubiquitous version of this Recipe. Later in the coming months I will post another version that my Mother-in-Law used to do. That one is more unique and even more awesome. Checkout my other Diwali Recipes, Sweets and Snacks as well.
- Rice Flour â€“ 1 cup
- Besan â€“ Â½ cup
- Melted butter â€“ 2 tbsp
- Hot Oil â€“ 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Salt â€“ to taste
- Red chilli powder â€“ 1 tsp / to taste
- Water â€“ for making the dough
- Oil â€“ for deep frying
- Mix Rice flour, Besan, Asafoetida, Salt, Butter, hot oil and Water.
- Mix all and make it into a non-stick dough. Add the water little by little and make a stiff dough.
- Heat the oil, take a big lemon size dough add it in the Muruku press. Squeeze it in a circular fashion into two layers in the hot oil. When the bubbles calm down, flip it to the other side. Cook it in the medium flame.
- Fry both side until golden color and take it out and put it in the oil filter basket.
- Yummy and crunchy Ribbon Pakoda is ready.