One of the classic recipe that is very easy to make, healthy and loved by one and all. It forms the base for a variety of dishes.
SERVING SIZE â 3
- Boiled Rice â 2 cups
- Salt â Â½ tsp (optional)
- Wash and soak the rice for 3 hours. Grind the rice until you will get the smooth consistency. Grind it in the grinder or mixi.
- The consistency should be little thinner than the dosa batter.
- Pour the batter in the idli plate. Stream it for 8 to 10 min. Rest the streamer for 10 min and then open. Be careful when you open the streamer, get away from the stream.
- Take the idli and put it in the âSevai Nazhiâ [At a time put 2 idli in the hole. Place a plate under the âSevai Nazhiâ and screw the idli all the way down. You can get the prefect rice noodles. Unscrew the âSevai Nazhiâ and repeat the process for the rest of the idliâs.
- Note: Put the idli in the âSevai Nazhiâ while they are hot to get the noodles. Because it is easy to screw the âSevai Nazhiâ otherwise it will become hard to screw.
- Let the rice noodle to cool down completely before you start preparing the variety noodles.